Tuesday, March 29, 2011

First Impressions

At first glance this class seemed baffling to those "technologically challenged" people in the world such as myself-I've never created a blog before or candidly shared my extremely indecisive views on world politics and now I'm expected to do both on a daily basis. To be honest, I was a little overwhelmed until I realized that others in the class were feeling the same way, and now I can't wait to begin.  The informal/discussion based format of this class allows for open and honest dialog between presently uninformed students, international students who have experienced the dispute firsthand and Middle Eastern residents who live within in the conflict itself.
The readings for this week emphasized the diversity that causes the conflict with the city of Jerusalem itself, while still maintaining the intense individuals passions within every citizen of this holy city. The multi-cultural aspect of Jerusalem was accentuated and will no doubt be the basis for most of this class' discussions and/or arguments. The history behind this sacred land and the debate regarding it's ownership is of global importance and I cannot wait to delve deeper into the subject matter as the quarter progresses while learning from fellow students and our international correspondents.

No comments:

Post a Comment